Topic

Autumn Adventure weather

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Autumn Adventure weather

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    L H

@lrh442

I'm headed to PHAB in mid-September for the Autumn Adventure program and am wondering what kinds of temps to expect. I've been twice in July, but would like to know how much cooler it will be in September if anyone has experience.

Daniel Lee
    BPL Member

@scoutbuff

Locale: Colorado

Northern NM, as we have in CO, can vary dramatically so I think anyone would be challenged to give you many specifics this far out. A quick survey of September averages for Cimarron shows that you could have temps anywhere from 40-80F. As you probably know, adding some precip in that mix changes the calculus quite a bit. I think you'll probably find that you could have the most spectacular weather ever (mild, dry) or just the opposite. Attached is a photo at PSM in early October… Simply beautiful… Hope this helps some…
    YiS, DanPSM Oct 11

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools