Topic

gopro or waterproof point/shoot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography gopro or waterproof point/shoot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Park
    BPL Member

@dpark

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I am looking to get something for the outdoors that can handle submersion. It would be for backpacking and fishing. I'm looking for lightweight, user friendly, convenient battery setup, and good enough for a rare 8×10 print up. I am interested in snapshots and video.

Which would you recommend, GoPro or waterproof point/shoot with video? thanks.

twig .
    BPL Member

@bretthartwig

Locale: Australia

I'm a photographer and I love my gopro for backpacking. Some models take simultaneous still and video. User friendly, just press the button and point, the lens is so wide it's brilliant. Slip it into a pocket and don't worry about getting it wet. You can get a floaty handle online for $10 so you won't lose it fishing.

David Halterman
    Spectator

@poedog

Locale: Big Sur

Just be aware that with the Gopro, everything you shoot will have that gopro look (mild fisheye) and you could unintentionally cause your friends to crave a redbull. They're fun for first person view, but don't take the place of a good camera in my arsenal, ymmv.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools