Topic

ULA Catalyst need help shaping the dual frame

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Catalyst need help shaping the dual frame

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

Snuck in a ula catalyst before they closed for a few months. I purchased the optional framesheet but I'm not exactly sure how to contour it to myself. I've just been putting it on and then taking it off and trying to bend it in the right places but I know it can be so much better fitting. Just don't feel like I'm doing it well. Wish I wasn't so far from their "retail" stores. Just figured I'd ask, otherwise I'll continue to experiment probably even on the trail. Thanks in advance, Eric

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

I've had a Catalyst w/ dual AL framestays for more than a year, and had to play with the dual stays a little bit. I took an incremental approach. At first the shoulders didn't fit well, so I pushed the top back (if that makes sense). That was a little bit better. Used it a little bit more, and found that pushing in the middle of the 2 frame stays toward the front was pretty close.

In retrospect, it seems like if you could contour the framesheet / stays to you're back, you'd be pretty close.

Does that help? If not, let me know and I'll try it again or PM me.

MikeB

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools