Topic

Stuff Sack Dimensions for Cocoon Gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Stuff Sack Dimensions for Cocoon Gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas Jensen

@attack5

Locale: Murderapolis

I know this has been discussed before but I am asking for a definitive answer preferably from BPL on the size of stuff sack that is optimal for the UL60 hoody and stuff sack size for UL60 hoody and UL60 pants combined.

I am finally home and just made my cuben stuff sack for my 1100 BPL cookpot and Bushbuddy using Quest Outfitters and Kay's cuben stuff sack patterns. So that is why I want to make a stuff sack to hold my sleeping gear.

Thanks!!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

If you are making your own, I recommend something in the 350 cubic inch range for any lightweight down or synthetic top.

The purpose of the stuff sack is organization and protection in the pack, if the stuff sack is nice and roomy and you don't stuff it tight, your pack will pack better (because the stuff sack can mold better around other gear) and you risk less damage to the insulation.

Nicholas Jensen

@attack5

Locale: Murderapolis

Good Point Ryan, I can just make some large cuben sacks, and then they will pack better since they won't be bursting at the seams.

Ahhhh…it seems that things are taking longer and longer to sink in these days, must be since I am so close to 30 now.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools