Topic

Taut, Taught, & Taunt Pitches

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Taut, Taught, & Taunt Pitches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Sorry Doug I, but you just failed English Grammar 101.
    The noun in the first sentence is 'use', and it is singular."

LOL! You're right! In my haste to be a smug bast@rd, I did not parse the sentence correctly! Serves me right!

Sorry Diane! :-)

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

To late Doug….

She has "fled the scene", resolved to her ignominious shame…

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

….All of which is why this entire thread is idiotic in the first place.

If you understand someone's intent then just leave it alone.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

Jeremy, what an awesome word. Has the irony built-in. Happens to me all the time, but didn't know what to call it. Thanks!

> ….All of which is why this entire thread is idiotic in the first place. If you understand someone's intent then just leave it alone.

Absolutely. That's how teachers teach here in California. Give 'em a pass, time for coffee break at the teacher's lounge. Missed most words on your spelling test? You get an A. The answer to that math problem was 42 but you answered 33? Close enough, I understand your intent, here's your diploma. Having standards is idiotic. If only we had more teachers intent on lowering the standards, think how great society could be. Wait. Craig W, aren't you a teacher?

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Sometimes the misspellings (and misuse, as in simply the wrong word) are at first a little confusing and, after a while, a little funny.

"Conscious" and "conscientious" have entirely different meanings, of course. I figured out what the OP meant, but it took a minute or so and a bit of context to do so.

Not to be a nitpicking Nazi, but the landscape is littered with them. No doubt I have a few of my own…

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

All my errors are intentional. I do not want anyone to feel inferior. And I like to begin sentences with and.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

(On SUPPOSEDLY)

"Supposably. (Frowning with deep thought) Yeah, supposably."

I truly did ROLF LAMAO when I heard that one. Some writer must have heard a friend murder the word and just had to write it into the show. Hilarious when Joey said it in all his innocent ignorance.

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools