Topic

gaiters and debris

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) gaiters and debris

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marjolein Keuning
    BPL Member

@laincha

Locale: netherlands

Hi, i have a pair of salomon trailrunners, and i combine them with dirty girl gaiters to prevent sand and other stuff from coming in.

however, the top side of the shoes is mesh, and i find that through there a lot comes in as wel, maybe even more than over the tops where my feet get into the shoes.

does anyone have the same problems, and are there gaiters that go all the way to the toe, to cover the tops of the shoes?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I had that problem last summer when I was wearing low cut boots with mostly mesh in the front area. I found that I could apply some waterproof adhesive to some of the mesh area to close it up for dirt. You could do that for any area that would be left exposed by the gaiters.

–B.G.–

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

LaSportiva has some shoe models with toe/lace covers. Example: http://www.sportiva.com/products/footwear/mountain-running/vertical-k

Other companies probably do too. Combined with an ankle gaiter it would be the coverage you're looking for. I'm not aware of any gaiters that extend over the toe area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools