Topic

Gram Weinie Spice Tin side burner stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Gram Weinie Spice Tin side burner stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

This one is made from a spice tin purchesed at Wally world, 3 tins per pack.

Weighs 7 grams, less than 1/3 of an ounce.

Used 1/2oz (15ml) of denatured alcohol to boil 2 cups of water in a heinekin pot. 9-1/2 min to boil and continued to boil for additional 1-1/2 min.

Used a Whitney hand punch with 1/4 punch for holes (9 holes)

This stoves lights just like a SuperCat stove. Light it, wait for 25 seconds, lower pot slowly onto stove.

<center>

</center>

If you have patience and the ability to balance well, this may be the stove for you.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

I like how the seam provided a nice easy guide for keeping the holes aligned.

From the balance comments, is this somewhat unstable?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

It's fast and easy to make.

Easy to balance it in the the kitchen on the stove top at eye level.

Outside on bare ground, knees and head to the ground, skeeters buzzin round my ears, I found it challenging to stabilize it. I'm not the most delicate ox, 260 and 5'9"

Stoves are fun and interesting. Some are rocket science, some are not. This one is not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools