Topic

Add pit-zips to jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Add pit-zips to jacket

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Place an inquiry to Rugged Thread Repair Team and this is their reply:

This is Kim with Rugged Thread Repair Team, thank you for your inquiry.

To add a full set of pit zips runs $130-160 per jacket and it depends on the construction of the jacket (lining, seam tape, etc).

Let us know if you have other questions, otherwise, if you’d like to get the repair process started here’s how it works:

Ship it: Print and complete our shipping repair form ( https://www.ruggedthread.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Rugged-Thread-Shipping-Form-1.pdf ) and include it with your item(s). Please ensure that your item(s) is/are clean.

Repair It: Within two business days after receipt, we will email confirmation, repair options and pricing before beginning any work. Once repair options and pricing are confirmed with you, we will move your repair(s) into the queue. If we have questions during production we will text you.

Pay for it: When your item(s) is repaired, we will email to process payment. Return shipments go out within 24 hours of payment.

Turnaround Time: Jacket and sleeping bag slider replacements take a few days, standard repairs currently take ~3 weeks, while modifications and tailoring jobs require 3-6 weeks. We offer limited rush expedite for $25 (repairs under $60) or 25% of the total repair.

Be sure to check if you’ve got other gear needing repair and send them all in together. We fix tents, sleeping bags, technical outerwear, bags and packs and all kinds of zippers.

Is there anything else I may do for you?

Cheers,

Kim

Rugged Thread Repair Team
    541-306-8727
    http://www.ruggedthread.com

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I got the same response; that’s some mighty proud sewing :)

I was hoping to find someone more reasonable like zpacks above

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

^ thanks, I think that’s the same link Ken posted- going down the list crossing off shops unfortunately

Chad S
    BPL Member

@m00ch

Simply Light Designs has taken on custom work for me before, not specifically pit zips, but his work has always been top notch and reasonably priced.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

^ thanks; shot him an email :)

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Stephen Seeber posted HERE that he used Boulder Mountain Repair (also in Ken’s link)to add pit zips to his rain jacket for $75 and that they did a beautiful job.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

sent an email off :)

Stephen Seeber
    BPL Member

@crashedagain

Here is another option.  They put pitzips in jacket for me.  https://gearrestore.com/

They know their way around Gore-tex.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

^ thanks- hopefully one of these will work out :)

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools