Topic

what if you did the AT/PCT/CDT differently?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web what if you did the AT/PCT/CDT differently?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

A lot of threads on-and-off over the years about "If you did the XYZ trail, what would you do differently?"

Since I've answered it many times over the years as well, thought I'd write something about it:

What if I did the trails differently?

Enjoy…or not. ;)

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

It's always odd to me that "On The Web" has some of the more interesting topics (yours, Joker's, et al) and has the least amount of chatter.

At any rate, nice article and thanks for sharing.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Thanks for the nice words.

I've discussed why gear discussion is popular before, but I think it is because it is just easier to discuss.
    http://www.pmags.com/gear-as-lifestyle

Not everyone has the experience to discuss walking through the Yukon (myself included), but adding to the discussion about the latest widget? Far more approachable. :)

Virginia Craft
    Spectator

@as-it-is

Great article and perspectives! I have subscribed to your site :)

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

"Not everyone has the experience to discuss walking through the Yukon (myself included), but adding to the discussion about the latest widget? Far more approachable. :)"

I probably shouldn't look at the number of comments as level of interest. Reading stories like your hike through Utah and Miles for Breakfast's Brooks Range hike give me the greatest enjoyment from BPL but there's not much I can say other than "Yo that's dope!" vs. a discussion up top regarding 18650 batteries (albeit interesting and an area where I can potentially improve my kit for backpacking and SAR) fall far short in comparison but create more chatter.

Anyways, you have a great blog and I really enjoy reading your articles.

Have a nice weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools