Topic

Hwy 120 Is Open

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

the earliest that I can remember….1988 comes to mind….start your engines kids

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

This hot weekend boiled everything away.
    I'm still waiting for the road up to Horseshoe Meadow to open (may have already?).

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I wonder if Tioga Pass has enough snow left to play connect-the-dots.

–B.G.–

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Skiing in and around Tuolumne after driving in would be really, really fun.

I was just up to Merced Lake. I've never seen such a low snow pack at this time of the year. But it still looked like there was decent coverage higher up; Sunrise I'd guess is still snowed in. I bet that you'd find coverage on the trail to vogelsang too. etc.

120 was closed when I went in; open when I came out. Had I known, I would have brought skis to Tuolumne instead!

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I've skied around Tioga Pass a few times, and it is nice. It is especially nice super early in the season or super late in the season when there aren't many people around.

–B.G.–

Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

Drove over the pass on the way back from the east side on Friday. There is still enough snow to ski at Dana Meadows – very little at Tuolumne. Looks like pretty much 9000 feet and above unless on the north side in the shade. I will post a report when I get time from my trip to Humphreys basin last week. The gist is there's still substantial snow above 9500 or so in that area but little or nothing below that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools