Topic

Sunday Afternoons Traveler Hat $10 @ Amazon – FS w/$35+ order

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Sunday Afternoons Traveler Hat $10 @ Amazon – FS w/$35+ order

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Mason
    BPL Member

@dimjim

Looks like Sunday Afternoons is clearing out some of their "traveler" hats for $10. They come with a small bag which they stuff into because the front brim can fold in half. Mesh ventilation on the sides provides ventilation and the rest of the material is UPF50+ and synthetic (quick drying). Has a an adjustable clasp in back and even a security pocket and hole for a ponytail.

Link to Amazon

Probably a decent deal if you're in the market for this type of hat. Just received my size medium yesterday and it weighs 2.75oz/75g.

Overall, I'm very pleased and thought I'd pass this deal along.
    Enjoy your hiking! :)

Sunday Afternoons "Traveler" Hat

J Mag

@goprogator

Thanks! Couldn't bring myself to pay much more than this for one of these but at this price it's worth a try.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I bought one of these last year and it works rather well. Very easy to stash away when you're down in the trees and don't need it. I don't bother bringing the carry pouch, but that's just me.

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

Locale: SoCal

Thanks, I received mine.
    I almost look like a conquistador :)

Tommy Thompson
    BPL Member

@wasser

Locale: Northern CA

I got mine too and that's exactly how I described it. It's the goofiest of these goofy hats, but I can feel the air moving through it.

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

Locale: SoCal

They didn't think it through; they should have designed it to fold in the opposite direction, so gravity would bring the brim flat. Maybe that's why they're on clearance, they could be coming out with the improved design.

Tommy Thompson
    BPL Member

@wasser

Locale: Northern CA

Wow! You're right. It looks so much less goofy upside down. Sort of. :D

But really, that's brilliant. It looks pretty normal that way. It could also make it more rain resistant as you'd not have an opening at the top.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools