Topic

The Massanutten Ridges of Virginia

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The Massanutten Ridges of Virginia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Companion forum thread to:

The Massanutten Ridges of Virginia

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Thanks for posting, Michael. I did the adjacent section of Shenandoah along the AT recently, starting at Front Royal, and really enjoyed the area a lot. We noticed your ridge across the valley. There really are plenty of big open views there.

Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Great article, Michael (and not just because of the undeserved shout out)! I miss those ridges and the superb DC UL camaraderie.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I visited Massanutten for the first time last year and was very impressed how beautiful an area it was given it's proximity to D.C. This is a great write-up that I'm sure your fellow East Coast backpackers will appreciate.

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

I was particularly impressed with your write up here because of how much info you got in here for everyone and the way it was laid out. Noting the campsites and details on the water situations, many possible alternate routes, as well as some general geographical info is much appreciated. Nice to see this level of effort in your article, looks like a fantastic hike!

JD Schaefer
    BPL Member

@jdrower

Locale: North Carolina

The article and book encourage me to try it in 5-days.

Thx
    JD

James Littlle
    BPL Member

@bigfoot15

I am a PATC trail overseer in the southern Massenutten region which continues on south at the white conector trailand and would encourage anyone in the area to check this section out also. It ends in the region of Harrisonburg, Virginia. Has good water sources and a nice shelter at the south end. Order maps from the Potomac Appalachian Trail club.–Bigfoot15

stephanie morris
    Spectator

@stefahoyyahoo-com

Locale: Shenandoah Valley

Take note, also, that there is a brand new (2014) Map G for the Northern section of Massanutten Mountain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools