Topic

Attention Flat Tarp and Net Tent Users

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Attention Flat Tarp and Net Tent Users

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

I'm looking at selling my duomid plus innernet and going exclusively to a 8.5×8.5 flat tarp combined with a bpwd net tent 2 with Cuben floor, front, and rear.

I already have the tarp but not the net tent. Can anyone using this combo speak to its storm worthiness? I will be pitching the tarp in low profile storm mode when weather dictates but I was wondering how much protection the Cuben front would provide?

As always, thanks in advance.

Kelly

J Mag

@goprogator

I just picked up a poncho tarp and bug bivy combo with the same idea. It is a borah gear bivy with silnylon ends. I went with the bivy instead of a net tent for cost and weight but might try out the net tent for a little extra room when the bugs get really bad.

I'm heading out on an overnight right now so I'll let you know how mine turns out :)

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

The waterproof material on the ends does its job. The only time you'll have an issue is when you pitch the tarp way high.

J Mag

@goprogator

Double post… one sec

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools