Topic

Booney hat on sale at Costco

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Booney hat on sale at Costco

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I picked one of these up last night for $15.00
    http://www.sunprotectionzone.com/mensbooneyhat.aspx

booney

has great coverage and is pretty light.

Jack

Brian Mix
    BPL Member

@aggro

Locale: Western slope, Sierra Nevada

I bought one of these with high expectations. Mid way thru my first weekend hike with it I ended up loathing it. I wanted to ditch it a hundred paces from the car but I was hiking on a southern exposure and it was quite sunny so I could not do without. The front brim is fine as are the sides. The rear is another story altogether. Whatever the brim stiffening material is, it amplifies the rubbing noise generated when the brim rubs on my backpack. I think it would be a problem for even small packs as I had my Arc Blast rolled down pretty small. I'm left wondering if I should rip the seams, cut and remove the stiffener and stitch the brim back together and use it as a sun flap for my neck.

Just my $.02 and of course YMMV.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Hey Brian,

I thought the same thing when I tried it on, I think a modification is in order.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools