Topic

Holy shirt! looking for recommendations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Holy shirt! looking for recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

In my book merino is too hot above 80F. Raidriders and the like chafe like crazy. Cap 1 has been ok, if stinky. Last month I happened into a Mountain Hardwear Way 2 Cool t-shirt at half off. It cools so well in the heat that it's worth (the ridiculous) full retail price. Impressively not stinky for a synthetic shirt, too. MH still makes it, they just changed the name for this year.

If I were in your camp I'd bring the Way 2 Cool tshirt, a pair of sun protective sleeves, and a windshirt. 40F and windy to 100F covered.

Joel Stephenson

@fooby

Locale: Northumberland, UK

The Integral Pro by Mountain Hardwear looks pretty amazing. It's available in all kinds of configurations including with a zip and hood, has an active fit, Merino Wool blended with polypropylene and weighs 220 grams. It's available for $50 in some places too!

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-integral-pro-long-sleeve-hoodie-OM5558.html

J Mag

@goprogator

^ The hoodless version of that seems like a really great option actually. And only 7 oz for (what would appear to be) a great winter baselayer is pretty sweet.

I don't think the Echo long sleeve (which I LOVE) is touchable at 4 oz and $30 for a large and it will remain my go-to 3 season for the AT in my area. But I might have to pick up one of those MH shirts. They look great.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools