Topic

Got my Wonderland reservation!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Got my Wonderland reservation!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

A little surprised–first, to get confirmation just a few days after we faxed it in. Second, to get exactly the days and sites we requested.

Going with my wife and 13 year old daughter–first time they've hiked this many days in a row. Will be the second time I've hiked the full WT, although the first time was almost ten years ago with traditional gear and pack weight.

8 days 7 nights, clockwise, starting at Fryingpan Creek Trailhead, 27 July-3 August.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Wow that was quick this year! Congratulations

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Congratulations David,

Curious… How did they let you know of your success? email? phone, snail mail or pony express?

billy

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Billy,

For me, once I saw that they charged my card, I knew I had a permit.

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

Billy,
    Snail mail–"date issued" is the day after I faxed the request.

Not sure the NPS has heard of email yet.

Travis Higdon
    Spectator

@life-goes-on

Locale: PNW

Great news! Sounds like a spectacular trip for the family.

This year will be my first spin around the Wonderland. I found out on Friday that my group got a permit. Sure enough, snail mail. I sent in so many alternates that I don't even remember what my first choices were! We're going second week of September, 6 days, clockwise from Longmire.

Slugsworth .

@slugsworth

I got a phone call from the ranger letting me know my ideal trip schedule wasn't available. But, I was able to get in by moving my start into Mid-July. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools