Topic

Ikea UL Blue Poly Zippered Duffel Bag $2.99

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Ikea UL Blue Poly Zippered Duffel Bag $2.99

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Wandering through Ikea this morning and found this blue poly zippered duffel bag for just $2.99. 6.6oz (185g) and 28" x 13.5" x 10".

It is designed to hang on one of their rolling carts, so it has some extra straps on the back that could be removed and save more weight.

I have used the Ikea open shopping bags for gear storage and car trunk bags, but the zipper helps with more dust-proof storage. The open bags are perfect for stashing muddy gear on the way home.

I think you could get away using one of these for an airline bag for a backpack, but I would be tempted to add a couple webbing straps or even some fiber packing tape and zip-tie the handles together. It's cheap enough that you could donate or recycle it at the destination. It swallows up my GG Mariposa pack with room to spare.

Ikea duffel

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90149148/?query=901.491.48

Product dimensions
    Depth: 13 ¾ "
    Height: 11 ¾ "
    Max. load: 55 lb
    Volume: 20 gallon

Depth: 35 cm
    Height: 30 cm
    Max. load: 25 kg
    Volume: 76 l

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

Good find.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Sadly, I was also in Ikea this morning. Intriguingly, I also bought something for $2.99. We must be bored because of this crappy NW weather!

Inspired by the Lawson Equipment backpacker's grill (site's down right now for some reason), I bought this:

Ikea Stainless Steel Trivet

I'm too lazy to post a photo like Dale.

I'm sure it doesn't compare to the quality of Lawson's, it's much smaller and I have no idea if the welds will hold up over a fire, but, hey, it's only $2.99.

4.7 ounces on my scale w/o the little black plastic feet. Maybe not so practical in fire season, but this + a Snow Peak Ti bowl would be a simple little hobo-style set-up!

Edit: just saw a link to a larger one for $6.99. Maybe would weigh too much?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools