Topic

NeoAir Noise

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) NeoAir Noise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

"the firmer you make it, the quieter it is."

Unfortunately, IMHO, the most comfortable inflation is deflated as much as possible so no part of your body hits the ground. So long at it isn't very cold that is.

I'm gonna have to be like the one guy on the old listerine commercials (probably way before most of you whippersnappers times) who liked the taste – I LIKE the crinkly noise. It doesn't seem that loud to me, it has gotten less over time as it has worn in (or so it seems) and I backpack solo most of the time so I assume its only effect is to scare away bears.

Humm, that is probably the first time I used the word "whippersnappers" non-ironically. Very worrisome. Even worse in its way than discovering a few gray hairs.

Glenn S

@glenn64

Locale: Snowhere, MN

I guess I have a higher "sleep number", since I like it more firm. I'm also a little leery of the fragility cautions I've read so much about, so I like to keep any body part from "bottoming out" on the ground when I roll around at night, in case I missed a sharp pointy thing in my ground prep.

Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

The worst I ever had for pad noise was in a shelter on a wooden top bunk. My brother was using the big angus air pad with synthetic insulation. Every time he moved in echoed like thunder. Then I would move and my neoair would crackle. The bug angus was worse than the neoair but neither made any of the shelter dwellers happy.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools