Topic

Rei dividends are here =)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rei dividends are here =)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

Your dividend balance from 2013: $8.80

Sweet! I can get that Tick Key for my dog's first aid kit that i've been saving so long for…or maybe splurge on a single pack of Justin's Nut Butter :)

Ken Miller

@powderpiggy

Locale: Colorado

Don't they normally have a 20% coupon in March?

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

End of this month. Next week. Your coupon will likely be available Thursday, but definitely Friday if not.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

> Your dividend balance from 2013: $8.80

I see your $8.80 and raise it slightly to $11.99. REI doesn't see much of your money or mine, apparently.

Amuses me how people treat an REI dividend like a tax refund: "Hey, free money from the government/from REI!" Uh…you paid it in, pal.

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

"Amuses me how people treat an REI dividend like a tax refund: "Hey, free money from the government/from REI!" Uh…you paid it in, pal."

Not really, at least not in my situation. I get my refund almost entirely from using my REI credit card. No annual fee, I pay it off every month, and when I spend my dividend it is almost always on a sale or clearance item. With five active kids, the dividend has paid for ALOT of clothing in our home, without ever over-paying. If it's cheaper elsewhere, that's where I spend my money. Outside of clothing and misc small gear that rarely goes on sale, I spend the rest of my funds at the small cottage companies.

Aaron Catron
    Spectator

@acatron

Locale: Midwest

I'm happy with my $68.21! Don't really need anything though. Maybe a new mount for my GoPro…

Glenn S

@glenn64

Locale: Snowhere, MN

About $12 and change for me. A buck more than last year. Our REI's are pretty small here. Regional differences I suppose. Cabela's and Gander Mtn. put REI to shame. REI doesn't even have a firearm department, who shops there?! Lol

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

"Your dividend balance from 2012:
    mine was that way … but has since changed to 2013

"Amuses me how people treat an REI dividend like a tax refund: "Hey, free money from the government/from REI!" Uh…you paid it in, pal."

Not really, at least not in my situation. I get my refund almost entirely from using my REI credit card. No annual fee, I pay it off every month,

Same here … had a very nice dividend a couple years ago due to charging all materials and some labor on a big home remodel project.

But have since switched "loyalty" to a card that rewards me with credits toward airfare.

Still use the REI card for REI purchases and a autopaying a couple very small recurring bills. If I wait until the anniversary sale I'll be able to spend the dividend on a couple pairs of socks.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

> Not really, at least not in my situation…

I beg to politely differ. You are purchasing on the REI card as opposed to some other card that might have a different reward structure; you're just choosing to funnel it into an REI dividend. You are still paying to be playing. Not free money, just re-allocated money! But, no matter, enjoy it. I am envious of your massive dividend.

robert mckay
    Spectator

@rahstin

Locale: The Great Land

My balance… $0.00

Owen McMurrey
    Spectator

@owenm

Locale: SE US

Due to cottage makers and other dealers' sale prices, my dividend is a massive $3.50. Barely half what it was last year!
    Their credit card offer with a $100 gift card hit my inbox a few days ago, though, and that's always tempting…

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Mine was just over $17, and the only thing I could find that I "needed" was the SP ti bowl… figure I'll give it a try as a cook pot… :)

M Blick

@mattblick

Locale: Ohio

Looks like I'll be getting a Flash sleeping pad with my dividend and 20% coupon.

FYI: CSA told me in store a few weeks ago that the lifetime return policy is being changed to 1 year for purchases in/after 2014. Things bought in the past will apparently be grandfathered. The web site does not yet mention this change in policy. I'll have to check my receipt when I use my dividend

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I'm going to get a new ibex indie hoody and a short exped synmat UL7.

Just waiting for the 20% coupon…my dividend is a tad short this year. Damned cottage gear makers!!!

Scott Hayden
    BPL Member

@spiffyguy

I have about 58 bucks. No clue what to buy. I am sure I can figure something to buy once the 20% comes out.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

M Blick, I hate to tell you, but that change was announce close to a year ago. There has been MUCH gnashing of teeth on these forums about it, with the haters hating and a lot of shoulder shrugging and the sharing of awful return stories….

If you look on their returns page it spells out the new policy rather clearly now.

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

When was the 20% off going to be available? Need some new work shoes…

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"When was the 20% off going to be available?"

Mine came attached to the dividend last week.

–B.G.–

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

If you're a member you can just go there and tell them you want to use your 20% off coupon, you don't need to bring any paper coupon or anything. They keep track in their computer.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Jennifer, have you seen the ibex hoodie in stores or are you buying online?

I'm probably going to pick up an exped pillow.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Justin…I'm buying online.

Is there a code that comes with the coupon, or will it just calculate it at checkout? Hmmm…….

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

I received my dividend/coupon in the mail but the coupon says 3/28-4/13. Any chance they will honor the coupon early (I was hoping to go in today) or is this one of those things where they up prices and remove specific items online on the day of the coupon?

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

on my coupon it says the coupon code is SAVE20

Glenn S

@glenn64

Locale: Snowhere, MN

Flip the coupon over and you'll find this…

Rei

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Are the dividends transferable? How could someone else spend mine?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools