Topic

Lawson’s EVA pads are back in stock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Lawson’s EVA pads are back in stock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Just passing this onto the BPL community. Get em' while their in stock!

"I just wanted to let you know that the InsuLite EVA foam pads are back by popular demand. I was able to figure out a cheaper way to ship them which was the problem before. (Too high of shipping costs)… That said, I am starting off with the 1/8" thickness in two sizes. Torso which is 20"wide x 48" long and XL which is 24"wide x 74" long. Weights are 2.3oz and 4.25oz. Foam pads come with elastic straps to help keep them rolled up. I have quite a few of each size but I have been getting alot of emails about these recently so the first batch might sell out pretty quickly but I plan to keep these instock in the future. lawsonequipment.com/All-Products-c125/ "

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I tried one of these for a few trips under an air mat and found its a dirt magnet.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

I am not singling Steve out here as I have heard this before..

But I think a more accurate description would be that ALL of these types of foam pads can pick up dirt due to the nature of how the foam is made and cut… These same qualities make it great on slippery tent floors though as it really helps to keep you from sliding around…

So that said, if you don't like dirt its best to A.) stay inside or B.)Not use a eva type insulation pad : )

Lance Cunningham
    BPL Member

@lancelot2u

Locale: So. Cal.

I have been looking for an 1/8" pad for a couple of weeks, glad you got these in stock and posted on BPL. Nice thing about your pad is I can order it at 74" rather than 60" at GG. I wanted a full length pad for the JMT. And it attracts dirt??? Well, shake it out, wipe it off, use some soap and water. We spend days upon days out in the wilderness, some of us, sleeping in the dirt, that is the least of my concerns. :-) Sounds like a static charge? I have not used it yet, so don't take my comment wrong.

Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

My big concern is the weight addition by dirt. You could potentially collect several grams of dirt rolling around in that thing. The solution I have found is to weigh the pad clean and then never weigh it again. If I assume that the pad weighs X then it feels like X on my back and weighs X on my SUL gearlist.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools