Topic

ASM With Cancer Needs Help

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts ASM With Cancer Needs Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Taylorson
    Spectator

@heyjt

Locale: SoCal

Fellow Scouts and Scouters:

One of our beloved Assistant Scout Masters of Troop 4 Pasadena and UL enthusiasts, Richard Peck, was recently diagnosed with tumorous cancer on his lungs, back, brain, and esophagus. Richard is self-employed and not able to work — expenses are adding up.

Richard has been designing and building a teardrop trailer for he and his Son, Nick. Time is limited and he wants to complete the trailer for his son so that they may have time together.

We are reaching out to the UL and BSA community to help Richard and Nick realize their dream. All of us at Troop 4 are saddened by the prognosis, yet hopeful that we can raise enough money to complete the trailer.

If you would like to help, please donate to the Richard Peck Cancer Fund at GiveForward.

You can read more about Richard's story in the Huffington Post titled: Helping a Man with Cancer Finish a Project with His Son.

Please help if you can.

Yours In Scouting,

John Taylorson

Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Thank you so much for sharing this, John.

I will pass this onto my son's troop & other circles.

Y.I.S.

Matt Dirksen
    Troop 214
    University Park, MD

John Taylorson
    Spectator

@heyjt

Locale: SoCal

Thank you, Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools