Topic

Good music for a time lapse of animals on a trail?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Good music for a time lapse of animals on a trail?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Now that I picked a computer, got a DVD burner, found the right software and…backed up my pictures…I am working on a couple of time lapse videos. Two of my trail cameras have stayed at the same location for four months now and I have accumulated hundreds of photos of wildlife passing by, day and night. I have been using Imovie to stitch the pictures together and adjust the duration of each frame, between .5 and 1.5 seconds, depending on the shot.
    Can you suggest some music that might work well with my project? One video should end up being fifteen minutes and the other one about a half an hour. The photos are of cats ( mountain lions, bobcats and a couple of me) foxes, deer, skunks, a couple of squirrels, a couple of rabbits, a mouse or two, some quail, jays etc.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I recommend that you do a Google search for "Incompetech royalty free".

There are many music pieces available there, and they are royalty free. Without music being royalty free, you might be in violation of the copyright laws if you use it.

–B.G.–

Ivan Dominguez
    BPL Member

@idtejera

Locale: Canary Islands

I like Dexter Britain.
    For example:
    SCOTLAND, WEST TO EAST (TRAILER)
    https://vimeo.com/70683590
    http://www.planetapackraft.com

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

@Ivan. Thanks I will look into that.

@Bob
    . This will just be for my family's enjoyment at home.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

You never know.

A year from now you may have sold your video rights to the Purina company for them to sell cat food or something. It is nice if the original work is completely legal from the get-go.

Incompetech royalty free music is free. If nothing else, that is a good place to start. I've listened to some of that music for hours and hours.

–B.G.–

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

The soundtrack from "Cats" (for private use) ?

David Carson
    BPL Member

@dcarson87354

Locale: PNW

If you are still searching around, check out Sumner McKane. Its instrumental bliss!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools