Topic

Black bear climbs out to try and get hanging food

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Black bear climbs out to try and get hanging food

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

This is interesting to watch, if nothing else for the guys watching and commenting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qMexxAQ-xw

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Looks like the bag was already shredded pretty thoroughly…

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

I got a big kick out of that. Why did they use such a heavy rope? And nice bright yellow! And no drop on the bag. It looked more like bear bait than a bear hang to me.

Glenn S

@glenn64

Locale: Snowhere, MN

Sounds like the same chuckleheads that throw marshmallows at the state park raccoons, then complain about getting their camp raided.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

That's weird, similar post on portlandhikers.org, slightly different youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucHtYr29cE

It's from Garretbrosoutfitting.com from Alberta Canada. They do black bear hunting among other things. Beaver skins hanging from rope.

J Mag

@goprogator

Wow I had no idea bears were that strong. To be able to support his own weight for that long on a tiny string is nuts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools