Topic

Zpacks Hexamid solo on Ebay – $269

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Zpacks Hexamid solo on Ebay – $269

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Murphy
    BPL Member

@sjtm

Sounds pretty used but still a good price for someone who wants a good ultralight tent. I am not the seller and do not know the seller. I do have this tent. I have some issues with the mesh floor but it is perfect when the weather forecast is for good weather and I want to pack very light.

Barry P
    BPL Member

@barryp

Locale: Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)

“I have some issues with the mesh floor but it is perfect when the weather forecast is for good weather …”

7 hours left.
    I might add: and bad weather. I have spent over half my Hexamid outdoor adventures in hard rain storms. I have been surprised how dry I stay. I don’t even have the extended beak. I do take advantage of my umbrella if the wind shifted during the night and I don’t want to rotate my tent. The mesh floor is clever for saving labor costs.

Have fun in the wilds,
    -Barry
    -The mountains were made for Tevas

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

the worst problem I had with my mesh floor, was when packing the tent up one morning. It was dry, very dry. Normally I fold the tent lenthwise so that the mesh is on the outside, and the cuben is inside, and its about 12" wide, then I roll it up.

On this particular very dry morning, static charge built up on the tent. The more I rolled it, the higher the charge was. Tons of little pieces of dry duff and pine needles clinging to the mesh by static charge, and standing on end like needles. Every 1/2 roll I had to wipe the stuff off with may hands, befor rolling another half turn. Wierd.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools