Just curious. Is there anybody who takes part in rogaining events, AR? 12th world rogaining championship will be in South Dakota in august, will be many participants from different countries.
http://peakassurance.net/12WRC_2014.html
Topic
World Rogaining Championship.
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I'm glad to see this is a race. When I saw the title to the thread I had visions of men signing up to see who could grow hair that fastest. Wouldn't make for very exciting TV coverage that way.
Edit: was looking at the rules – is there a difference between this an a typical adventure race? Looks like this maybe isn't a course but a bunch of point locations. And you try to get as many as you can in a specific time. Did I get that at all right? That sound more interesting than a course by far. I did some "orienteering" in high school, but all of the courses were set out where it was obvious the (linear) route you would take.
Yes, you got that right. It is like orienteering on a very large map. There are plenty of control points with different costs (in general depends on difficulty of control point and distance from start). You can't take all the points in 24 hours, so you have to plan the optimal way to gather more points – it is exciting part of the race too, clever teams gather more points on a lesser length route. The sport is popular in Australia, New Zeland, in Eastern Europe too. We here don't know about "Rogaine" hair growth treatment, so we don't know about this funny association.
Typically, if you run, the length of the route is around 100 km (>60 miles) through various terrain, more often without roads. I had a chance to participate in last WRC, and saw several teams from US there.
I'm a long time Rogainer in Australia. Had a few years with of not competing much, but getting right back into it this year in South Australia.
One day I'll go to a World Champs, one day.
Become a member to post in the forums.

