Topic

Life expectancy of a NeoAir All Season

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Life expectancy of a NeoAir All Season

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    German Tourist
    BPL Member

@germantourist

Locale: in my tent

I am an extreme long term user of all my outdoor gear. I had to learn that any type of TAR Prolite will delaminate after about 180 nights of use. (I could set my calendar by it and now only use new TAR Prolites for long hikes.)

The first generation NeoAirs broke after less time but I have heard good reports about the life expectancy of the new generation NeoAirs.

http://tramplite.com/2012/04/therm-rest-neoair.html
    http://tramplite.com/2013/11/therm-rest-neoair-xlite-longterm-test.html

But I wonder if this applies also to the NeoAir All Season. I have one left over from a 5 week winter hike. I have deemed it too unreliable for a winter hiking because it punctures relatively easy. But I could now take it on a 3 months paddling trip where I can use it with a CCF pad underneath to avoid punctures. On a paddling trip I can also repair leaks much easier than on a winter hiking trip. I can live with the higher puncture risk but I wonder when the NeoAir starts delaminating or developping other unrepairable problems. If it has a life expectancy of less than 120 nights of use I will not take on this paddling trip because I cannot replace it during the trip.

How many nights have you been able to get out of your NeoAir All Season? (Please do not state how long you have owned the mattress because this is not a reliable factor. I am purely interested in nights of use.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools