Topic

Crew Shirt suggestions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Crew Shirt suggestions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

So, anyone have any suggestions on where to order nice lightweight shirts that we can stick our crew logo on to?

Thanks,

Matt

william cheney

@wcheney

I believe ClassB has the Trek maps and can put those on a t-shirt. With the amount of clip art on the web we have had success just getting a local company to print shirts.

david richardson
    BPL Member

@drichi

Locale: midwest

Tooth of time traders makes some.

Daniel Lee
    BPL Member

@scoutbuff

Locale: Colorado

We purchased Badger brand shirts through a local shop… Did the usual with the boys designing the logo on chest and back. Here's my lesson learned… The boys had a rainbow of colors to choose from and decided on OD green. I immediately thought that we would look like a bunch of green beans with scout pants. I was correct but after a few days on the trail, everything was a dusty brown so it really didn't matter. It was kind of funny to see crews arriving in their light colored (white, light blue, yellow, etc.) shirts knowing that they wouldn't be that way for long.

BTW, if you want a trail map or profile on your shirt, you can easily use a .pdf from Philmont…

Hope this helps!
    -Dan

Elizabeth Fallin
    Spectator

@fallin

We purchased two shirts: a cotton map shirt from ClassB, and a technical shirt from Cyberhorse. The map shirt was to wear around town and at school, and the tech shirt was for the trail.

The tech shirts are awesome quality…very soft and lightweight, but very durable. They use sublimation printing, which will never come off or fade.

Most of our crew wore the tech shirts for the duration of our trek. I created them using photos of the Tooth and Baldy, from a Philmont ranger. We've got a shot of some of our crew on Baldy, on the Cyberhorse website http://www.chsportswear.com/bsa/bsa-champs-photo-gallery/ . We're #24, at the end. Our shirts have the Tooth on front and Baldy on the back. We also put the Philmont bull image over the shoulder, and put our crew info on the sleeves.

For those of you heading to Philmont this year, the shirt is posted in the dining hall.

I highly recommend Cyberhorse. If you order from them, tell Cindy that Liz says hi :-)

Jonathan Bukowsky
    Spectator

@ravensfan

Check out Americanbackcountry.com – I used to work with the owner, Frank, and they make a phenomenal product. The sweat wicking technology is one of the best and the prints look great.

I'm in the apparel industry and i rarely recommend anything. Totally worth the money.

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

We also had a local printer do our tech shirts (ANTIMICROBIAL) in navy blue (not to show the dirt as much) with a neat logo of an old fashioned A-Frame Tent from the 20's. It included our Trek # on the shirt. Everybody loved them and probably still has them.

Having the boys choose the logo really helped them build a sense of teamwork that obviously became critically important at Philmont.

Several years earlier I went on a trek where we were provided white cotton shirts….big mistake. We looked like Pigpen by the third day…and boy did they stink! I learned my lesson well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools