Topic

Pecos Over Spring Break?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Pecos Over Spring Break?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I was thinking about Big Bend over spring break but I would also like to visit some friends in Glorieta, NM. So I was thinking about going up there, spending a night or two in the Pecos then hitting Big Bend for a night or two before going home.

I know spring in the mountains means snow but I've heard its been a low snow year and I'm willing to snowshoe. I did March trips in CO so I have an idea what I'm getting into.

My current plan if possible would be to hike along the Skyline Trail or failing that on the network of trails lower down. I figure the southern slopes would be the most snow free and I'm familiar with that area from summer trips.

Anybody have an idea what the current conditions are like? What is the avalanche danger like?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools