Topic

New BPL Website: BUG REPORT FORUM

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info New BPL Website: BUG REPORT FORUM

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Greetings All,

Welcome to the new website.

Please deliver all any "bug reports" about the new website in this forum thread.

Suggested changes for the future, general feedback, and comments about the site should be posted elsewhere – we need a means of tracking bugs only right now.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

Congratulations Ryan. I remember seeing the ad for the new website in the magazine for May 2007. I build websites for a living so I understand delays and the stress and joy of launching a redesigned website. Here are a couple of things I noticed:

Using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on a iMac

– If you're on the bug report thread and click on the breadcrumb nav to BPL news and info you get a 400 bad request

– The right nav [catalog] index goes way past the right margin

BPL Staff

@bplstaff

Frank, thanks. The breadcrumb has been fixed but as I write this it hasn't yet been migrated to the production server.

if you can post a screenshot here of the right nav issue @ catalog that would be great. how wide is your pc screen (pixels)? the site is built at 945px wide.

Bill B
    BPL Member

@bill123

@bill123 re: mouse pointer->hand. i don't think that is necessarily a bpl.com issue, but a browser/os issue on your end. right now at least, using safari and mac osx, i see the hand.

Bill B
    BPL Member

@bill123

Sorry to be a pest. When you click on someone's profile name in a post or their photo, it brings you to the beginning of the post string, not to the poster's profile page.

Timothy Hortberg

@thortberg

Locale: Midwest

The map for the GWL does not load. Wanderingknight.org cannot be found. On a Mac with Firefox.

Timothy Hortberg

@thortberg

Very few of the member links are working for me. Some do but many do not.

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

It would be nice when we pull up a particular forum that each entry only took up one vertical row height. For example, when I go to New Posts, it seems that you could get twice as many on the screen if you re-proportioned the column widths slightly, so you can see more on one page at a time.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

@thortberg:

Please give me specific examples of member links that are not working for you – URL's.

Thank you,
    Ryan

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

@thortberg: this is a known issue. The map is hosted on a third party server that is not working right now. It will be back up tomorrow, hopefully.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

@eaglemb: I bet you're a fan of craigslist. me too. I like density, but most do not. the white space, i'm coming to realize, makes it quite a lot easier to read, and i've found that investing into a mouse with a middle scroll button you can operate with your middle finger without having to deal with scroll bars, combined with a little white space for readability, is a good thing.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

@bill123 re: profile link from post/avatar: fixed. thanks!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

"Podcasts" links on the features and magazine page subnavs, and on the home page in the Lighten Up section are now redirecting to the proper page.

A similar "expeditions" page is not yet active so currently, all "Expeditions" links are redirected to the search engine temporarily so you can find our expedition gateway pages.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA
    A.D. Parris

@xirebos

Locale: NTX

Prices listed on this page http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/new_backpacking_gear.html are not the same as those found when going to specific item pages http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/firelite-sul-550-titanium-cookpot.html

Thanks for the work on the new site!

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

I went to the article "Condensation in Single – Walled Shelters:….. When I clicked on the "Print This" feature I got a "Compass Broken" notice.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

@Bill re: Print This Link is Broken

This is a known issue that is in the queue.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

If I go to a forum members profile it gives me the first page of their forum posts. If, however, I click on page 2 of their posts it takes me to the BPL home page.

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

I just tried it again and the catalog issue seems to be resolved.

Siegmund Beimfohr
    BPL Member

@sigbeimfohr

On "Gear" page, the links "More Gear Reviews…", "More Spotlite Reviews…" and "More State of the Market Reports…" are broken. They lead to an empty search page.

Timothy Hortberg

@thortberg

There are a few incorrect prices for products on the New Gear intro page. The prices for these are correct when you select the item.

FireLiteMini Firestarting Kit
    Hydropel
    BodyGlide
    BakcpackingLight Ultralight Round Quad Divided Box
    Esbit Wing Stove (which i have ordered and cannot wait to get!)

I'll keep looking around.

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Umm… yeah…. that's not right… WEll, I'd love it if it was right… but I'm pretty sure it's not right… Actually, most of the things on this page, if you click through show a completely different member only price.

Wow... we get credit for buying?
    closeup

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

If you notice, there are some line overlapping stuff going on in the following post (possibly due to the inclusion of pictures)

Pics of BL600 (Brasslite) vs SP600 (Snowpeak)

Siegmund Beimfohr
    BPL Member

@sigbeimfohr

This is not working on refresh. It worked correctly on first login today, but subsequent refreshes, which used to show postings since the last time, now says there are no new posts. Recent forum activity does properly update.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

@thortberg: prices on the new gear page have been fixed.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools