Jennifer, why no luck? On all 3 choices? Though early to mid August is probably the hardest time so if the number were sufficient I guess they would have had a lottery.
You could possibly stay at the famous camp 4, with the dirtbags and rock climbers. I much prefer this to the regular campgrounds, and I usually have no problem getting in there. If you like the movie Woodstock you will love camp 4.
Ironically enough, my reservation just came through, and was emailed to me about half and hour ago – today was the first day to apply, and I mailed my app two weeks ago. Guess I got lucky this time as it was as painless a possible, and with near instant gratification. LOL
But my real "trick" was starting at White Wolf, I think – that is a stealth reservation. Also my reservation is for so long (45 days) that I could walk from there back to Yosemite Valley and start at the "official" place. Have you considered the alternate last ditch method of trying to make a reservation for a different start point? At this point you could try phoning it in.
Edit: Just looking at my map here, here are some other possible stealth starting points:
(1) Tenaya Lake/Olmsted point – hike over Clouds rest (way better than half dome IMO)back towards the "real" JMT. Or blow it off and just connect up with the JMT right away.
(2) Porcupine Flat: same as (1) with more zig-zags.
(3) Mono Meadow: this one is actually the super-stealth one as you would get on the JMT the first or second day near half dome. LOL
(4) Toulumne Medaows (not as stealthy, but much less that happy isles or glacier point.)
(5) Possibly even Dana Meadows
The above are all on bus routes.