Topic

NC or SC fishing trip in March. Suggestions?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Steve Meier BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2014 at 6:42 am

My college-aged son wants to use his spring break beginning on March 8th and head south (we live in Indiana) to do some fishing. So where to go? I'm not a fisherman so I know little about what is running but I want to go somewhere warmer than Indiana. So I was thinking SC or NC but could do GA as well. Not wanting to drive further than that. Suggestions from anyone?

Donna C BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Head to the Caribbean. Everything south right now is cold….more snow on the way next week. Maybe the Gulf Coast is a better bet for fish. Waters along the NC coast don't warm up until the end of March when yellow fin tuna start running.

Ryan Smith BPL Member
PostedMar 2, 2014 at 8:15 am

You could have some days in the 60's that week, just depends. Are you fishing for trout? East TN, Western NC, and North GA probably have more concentrated miles of trout water than anywhere in the country. Tailwaters, lakes, freestone streams,etc. Lots of options. Tell us more about you trip and I can give you some suggestions.

Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...