Topic

Allagash waterway, Maine. Advice?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Allagash waterway, Maine. Advice?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rick .
    BPL Member

@overheadview

Locale: Charlotte, NC

I'm planning to paddle the Allagash in September, any experiences of what works in northern Maine? Should I bring a flyrod for tributary brooks? Toss in a bobber, and keep it passive? Fish shores in evening? (the weather tends to make for early starts to cover the miles before the afternoon winds/chop on the lakes).

It's a 100-mile trip with a few portages, so we're looking to shake out our typical day-paddle load to suit a long trip over a few wknd trips, so fishing gear is being decided soon!

I grew up fishing all sorts of things, but it has faded with time. I've flycast maybe a dozen day trips, the rest mostly baitfishing. So I know my way around once I get back into it. I don't think any of my gear is still serviceable 15 years out in my parent's garage. Clean slate. I prefer flyfishing if I can only bring one pole and that will be useful.

My hope is to have some tasty dinners, without turning this into a constant effort for a few fish!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools