Topic

Looking for 4-day hike along Presidentials in NH

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Looking for 4-day hike along Presidentials in NH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I'm planning on taking my wife and daughter on a 4-5 day trip to bag as many of the 4k peaks in NH along the Presidential range (plus or minus some miles) in late August. Can anyone recommend campsites for two tents?

Most every resource I can find for the Presidential traverses end up being marathon, 1-day trips.

Last year we did the 100 Mile Wilderness and my wife said that she didn't want to do huge miles any longer, so I'm dialing back to ~10 miles per day. The biggest challenge I see is campsites for two tents. I'm ok staying in lean-tos, but don't want to stay in the AMC huts. We have two tents. Most of the trail is along a ridge line and camping is only allowed 200' off the trail. I'm a bit befuddled as to how to find campsites for two.

Any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools