Topic

Looking for 4-day hike along Presidentials in NH

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Curtis B. BPL Member
PostedFeb 23, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I'm planning on taking my wife and daughter on a 4-5 day trip to bag as many of the 4k peaks in NH along the Presidential range (plus or minus some miles) in late August. Can anyone recommend campsites for two tents?

Most every resource I can find for the Presidential traverses end up being marathon, 1-day trips.

Last year we did the 100 Mile Wilderness and my wife said that she didn't want to do huge miles any longer, so I'm dialing back to ~10 miles per day. The biggest challenge I see is campsites for two tents. I'm ok staying in lean-tos, but don't want to stay in the AMC huts. We have two tents. Most of the trail is along a ridge line and camping is only allowed 200' off the trail. I'm a bit befuddled as to how to find campsites for two.

Any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...