So I've pretty much got the work OK for a PCT thru in 2015…
Been solo walking for some 46 years and have a reasonable kit list sorted; will post it later – most of it suits me re. comfort vs weight.
But I keep reading accounts of months of 'cowboy camping' on the PCT; is it so? I am very attached to my two-skin setup. It would take a lot to let it go and for what weight saving I wonder…a few oz's?
I am thinking of going with a TT Notch (used a fair bit in Scotland and on the Colorado Trail last summer)…but a Hexamid or a cuben tarp keep turning my head…..but once I have a bug net, groundsheet, long lines etc etc etc…is there really a weight saving..? And the PITA of setting it all up…
I know, or I think I know at 52 that I should stick with what makes me comfortable…but….
Psychology is kind of hard. I'm a Brit. I like the cocoon of a silnylon comfort blanket..

