Topic

unnecessary but amusing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities unnecessary but amusing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

All this electrical crap is a slippery slope. I have been a huge and grumpy Luddite w/respect to electronics and backpacking. But I finally gave in (I thought only a little) and decided I pretty much had to carry my iphone on my 45 day trip this summer (I originally thought turned off at the bottom of my pack), if only to deal with logistics without my car. Now I'm trying to figure out if to make up for the weight I need to use it to replace all reading material, watch, GPS (which I don't use anyway), journal (farewell JMT pencil, I hardly knew ye) etc. etc.

Now I have to worry about how to keep the damn thing charged – do I have to buy more battery packs. E = mc^2. for every mAh I need to add more weight. It is going to be a chain reaction where I will end up carrying 50 lbs.

Gonna have to checkout that wood power charger. Oh, and a big ole axe to keep it fed – got to keep my access to my blog powered in the middle of nowhere…..

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

It'd really open up the PCT if someone made a 2,663 mile extension cord.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"It'd really open up the PCT if someone made a 2,663 mile extension cord."

I know some folks who live on the west coast who seem to still be connected to a 2,000+ mile umbilical cord. Or is that different?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools