Topic

Kelty Range Tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Kelty Range Tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I just stumbled across this:

http://www.kelty.com/p-797-range-tarp.aspx?category=tents-shelters

Certainly a little heavy for a basic A-frame, but with added zippered doors, trekking pole grommets and already-attached guylines, it could be a decent entry tarp, especially for kids or scouts.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

What I really appreciate about this design is not having the poles in the shelter. I think this will make this shelter more comfortable, especially when not traveling with a hiking companion.

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

I have been eyeing that tarp for a few weeks. I really like the simple setup and potential harsh weather applications. I think it would create more buzz if it didn't have "kelty" in the name. Some wouldn't dream of considering a lowly kelty product regardless of the specs.

Ben

Gregory Allen
    BPL Member

@gallen1119

Locale: Golden, CO

I agree. It looks pretty nice. Could give the Golite SL2 a run for the money. Specs are pretty similar and it's cheaper.

Andrew U
    Spectator

@anarkhos

Locale: Colorado, Wyoming

The problem with kelty is that they make mid level gear. BPLers are only interested in the extremely expensive or the rediculously cheap, never the stuff one buys at sports authority. Thats where all the "pretend" hikers and car campers buy their stuff.

I'll stick with my McHale packs, WM sleeping bags, and cat food stoves.

David Ure

@familyguy

The Golite is over a pound lighter packed and has usable vents for $20 more.

I would not call this competition.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools