Topic

Wrist Watch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wrist Watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ben Lyon

@dynamo

I am in need of a new watch and am looking to replace my ten year old Seiko with something a little more trail ready. I have narrowed my decision down to the following, rather disimilar, choices:

Suunto Vector
    St. Moritz Pathfinder
    Seiko 5 Divers Automatic SKZ209K

What are you all using a why? Which of these three would you go with?

Does anyone have real world experience with the battery life of the Vector? What can I expect?

As a side, I have ordered a Foretrex 101 for incorporation into my backcountry navigation.

Thanks.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

Of your listed watches, I own a Vector and I can say your battery life will be two years if you use the alarm every day. I am sure that would last longer if you do not use the alarm as much. It is light, but I do not like the large profile of the Vector compared to other watches and the crystal face shows ‘adventure scars’, which has been an issue for me.
    I currently use the Tissot Titanium T-Touch, which is a bit more expensive, but I like its style for daily wear and since I do not really need a log it has all the functions I need (Compass, Altimeter, Thermometer, Alarm, Stopwatch and Barometer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools