Topic

New Guy Introduction

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    b allen

@ballen

Locale: Upper Alabama

Hi everybody, I'm new to to the board. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm returning to the sport after a several decade hiatus, having a good time hiking around the north Alabama area.

Thanks,
    Bert

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

Welcome aboard. BPL is the only online thing I keep up with (other then email). Its a bit slow now because its winter. Wait till summer and things will get livelier.

Glenn S

@glenn64

Locale: Snowhere, MN

Hi Bert! I'm new here too, or at least my money is. Since I always ended up here after googling gear anyways, I figured I'd at least contribute some cash and be a member, at least for a year. Sure is loads of experience floating through these threads. I learn something new every time I come here. So anyway, Welcome aboard!

Al Brassell
    BPL Member

@jambeaux

Locale: Southeastern US

Hey man, we just bought some land near Heflin, AL. I'll be looking for some good trails this spring where I can hike in and spend a few days fishing for red eye bass. Currently living in Jacksonville, FL. Hope to run into you someday.

William F

@wkf

Locale: PNW

Welcome Bert, I too hope you find this site as useful as I have. One thing I like about the site is everyone is always pushing the envelope, the revolution is perpetual towards going lighter. Sometimes it involves buying new gear, which the site will greatly help with, but the most valuable is when people show you what you don't need and how you can forgo a particular purchase.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools