Topic

BPL Absoroka pack question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) BPL Absoroka pack question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I have a BPL Absoroka pack, size large. It seems to be just a little bit long in the torso for me, maybe an inch. Is there a way to adjust (shorten) the torso length a little bit? After taking it apart and putting it back together, I didn't see a way to do it. Anybody have an idea?

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

You can't really adjust the torso size. Have you tried wearing it lower? I though mine was too long but once I put weight in it I found it fit more comfortably a bit lower and it was actually almost too short.

If you can't make it work PM me and I'll make you an offer for yours.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Thanks, Luke. Having it ride too low was actually my problem, since the hip belt pads were contacting me below the iliac crest and sort of digging into that muscle. I'll try it again, and probably cinch the shoulder straps up tight. If it still doesn't work, I'll contact you for a possible sale. Damn, I hate to not be able to use the pack though–it's such a comfortable carry other than the hip belt (for me).

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I recently tried out a HMG Porter and didn't like the fit. Great pack but I found the two frame stays were resting on my buttocks. When my legs moved (which tends to happen on a hike) the pack would get pushed up by the motion of walking. I could tell within a quarter mile that it was noticeably less comfortable then my Exped Lighting.

Sometimes a pack just doesn't fit, but I'd encourage you to keep trying. One idea might be to carefully rebend the bottom of the frame. That would change the way it fits around your hips.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools