Topic

Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Can I do better than a Zpacks Solplex?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Zacc
    BPL Member

@peripatetic

Locale: Australia

It looks like there is quite a bit of space between the inner mesh and the outer on the rear side of the solplex. Of course this could be used for extra gear stash, and more importantly allows for lots of ventilation. But do people feel this amount of less usable space in the design is really justified?

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

I would not say it's wasted space. It's probably necessary in the wind and the rain to have the added space between you and what's blowing under the tarp. I guess it would be handy to have a zipper so you could stash things under the overhang in the back and get at them easily from within the tent.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

I was out last Saturday night, close to home. Light rain most of the night. An ocasional drip around my head. Guessing from condensation from my breath.
    Duane

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools