Topic

Brooks L.S.D. Lite Jacket III – $37 @ REI

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Brooks L.S.D. Lite Jacket III – $37 @ REI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

Brooks L.S.D. Lite Jacket III – $37 @ REI.com

Today only I think.
    They are out of size Medium already

I think the jacket has a baggy fit, but it's light and supposedly quite breathable.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The have a back vent and are a real bargain IMHO. The quality is great. 4.3oz in medium.

I don't know why the light running shells aren't more popular on the trail. They are often found at clearance outfits like Ross and Marshalls.

Paul Hatfield
    BPL Member

@clear_blue_skies

> I don't know why the light running shells aren't more popular on the trail.

Many (most?) of them have poor breathability and are not even light. I've looked at Sports Authority even and not found anything good.

Marc Britten

@yugami

I would not recommend looking at Sports Authority for good running gear.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

> I don't know why the light running shells aren't more popular on the trail. They are often found at clearance outfits like Ross and Marshalls.

I've been looking, for months, for a windbreaker/shell at Marshalls and at TJMax. I can find softshells by the boatload, but I can't find plain-vanilla running shells! (Well, not entirely true; I found a couple, but in XXL.)

It's almost like the industry decided that a windbreaker is "too boring" or "not expensive enough to sell," and they seem to be vanishing. They used to be very common.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools