Input is appreciated and actual user experience even more appreciated:
I'm 6'3" and pack the sierra's for the most part. I have a TT Double Rainbow but am looking for a solo shelter for several trips this summer. It rains in the Sierra's and the last three summers it rained pretty good on some days. So my criteria for solo shelters requires a "Dry" factor that can't be compromised with just a tarp. I want a floor for my own reasons. I will cowboy camp when I feel like it but for long trips (a few over 14 days this summer) I want the ability to have a self contained shelter for stormy crappy weather.
I'm looking at the following and was wondering what some of you thought. I have several cuben stuff sacks but zero experience with a cuben tent. So the following are interesting options. I should mention I use a Nunatak Quilt and a Neoair Xtherm wide mat. The mat height/thickness might make a difference in a tent with sloping sidewalls/netting.
I fully understand some of these choices are much lighter than others. No matter what they are all lighter than a TT Double Rainbow. I am somewhat drawn to the silnylon floor of the lighthearts….
1) Lightheart Solo standard
2) Lightheart Solo Cuben
or would I be better with the Solong 6 versions of these?
3) ZPacks Hexamid™ Long Tent
Thank you in advance

