Topic

Alcohol stove suggestions for Snow Peak 900

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Dylan Atkinson BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Looking for suggestions for an alcohol stove to use with a Snow Peak 900 or similar small diameter pot.

Thanks!

todd BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Make a Supercat. Cheap, light, effective.

Dylan Atkinson BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I'm going to make one of those soon and give it a try – my only concern is the flame flowing up the sides.

Dan Yeruski BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2014 at 6:00 pm

The Modified StarLyte Stove works well.

Full disclosure applied.

PostedFeb 3, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Starlyte's are awesome. Super light, spill-proof, you can store fuel in 'em, they light in winter etc.

Thomas Willard BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2014 at 8:43 pm

The Starlyte is my primary but I'd also suggest the Minibull BiosMicro. The flame pattern won't go up the sides. Weight: 0.6oz

Dylan Atkinson BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Do you (you starlyte users) use a Caldera Cone or just a regular windscreen?

Brian Johns BPL Member
PostedFeb 4, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Works great. In fact, Trail Designs offer at least a few of their pots with StarLyte in place of the 12-10 stove. That said, I have a StarLyte "stove" with the integrated but removable pot stand and a StarLyte burner, with no stand. I use one with the Suluk 46 windscreen and any number of mug-shaped cups, from a Heineken can to a Snow Peak 700. I have two Caldera set ups that also include a Starlyte Burner, MLD 850 titan (traditional cone) and a SP 700 (two-piece fusion, fits in your pot) cone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...