Topic

Joannes Fabric

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Stephen M BPL Member
PostedFeb 1, 2014 at 11:20 am

Folks,

Just about to go in to Joannes to get some zips and wondering if the sell
Water restiant fabrics.

Cheers,

Stephen

Dale Wambaugh BPL Member
PostedFeb 1, 2014 at 11:31 am

They had 40% off on Gutterman's thread a couple days ago :) Hang on to your wallet!

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedFeb 1, 2014 at 12:42 pm

When I've gone to Joannes, they had very little selection. Maybe some 1.9 ounce polyurethane fabric, but no silnylon and nothing that's really lightweight. #5 zippers but not #3 except the pretty ones for dresses which probably aren't as strong?

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedFeb 1, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Thanks guys,

I was able to get a water Restiant zipper to put in to an event overbag, they did have a small selection of "sports" nylon but unsure if it had a Dwr.

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedFeb 1, 2014 at 12:49 pm

" they did have a small selection of "sports" nylon but unsure if it had a Dwr."

That's what I hate about the limited selection they have, you don't know what it is

Better to just buy over the internet and have it shipped

The Mill End Store in Portland has a little bit better selection but not much

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedFeb 1, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I might order some m50 from thru hiker, but will wait to see how I get on putting the zipper in first :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...