Topic

seam sealing in winter

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedJan 31, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Just curious, has anyone ever seam sealed a tent in winter? We had a warmer day here at 40, and i went for it. The folks at tarpent said it should be ok, just will take longer to dry. Just curious about others experiences.

PostedJan 31, 2014 at 8:54 pm

GE give the air temperature range from 40f to 100f.
I have seam sealed from about 50f to about 100f.
BTW, silicone cures faster in high humidity . So on a very hot and humid day it can be a real challenge to get a neat application.

Jason G BPL Member
PostedJan 31, 2014 at 11:23 pm

send it to me with return shipping and I'll do it for ya. extended drought forecast here in CA is 64* mostly sunny..

PostedFeb 1, 2014 at 9:16 am

I got it done yesterday, i just let it sit out over night. It looks really good. I used the mixing method, and it turned out great. Thanks jason, it sure is nicer where you are at.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...