Topic

Outdoor retailer recap

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Jon Leibowitz BPL Member
PostedJan 31, 2014 at 7:15 am

Not sure if this was posted, but our very own Will Rietveld did a wonderful recap for GG.

http://gossamergear.com/wp/buzz-blog/outdoor-retailer-winter-2014-trade-show-part-1-pre-show-hiking-loads-interesting-new-gear-technologies-lightweight-backcountry-travel

I like the new Cascadias…..so much better than my green ones I've had for almost 2 years. Also, some of those new stoves make me question the worthiness of my alcohol stove.

Trill Daddy BPL Member
PostedJan 31, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Will, the Polartec PowerDry HE that you have featured is actually their new PowerWool. Their rep actually told me that they had misinformed another blog, I assume he meant y'all.

PostedJan 31, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Is that new Powerwool any different then the already available (for quite some time) PowerDry with Wool ?

PostedJan 31, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Jon,
Thanks so much for putting the link on BPL. Would have missed Will's report otherwise, and it is by far the best I've seen.

The SD Mobile Mummy 30 degree F. bag is about 50% (10 oz) heavier that my MontBell spiral down #3, so not sure if the arm holes and center zip are worth that much extra weight, but it is a nice concept.

The new Montane pull over rain shell looks to die for, but alas have acquired an M10, so will have to first see how that works out.

Miss Will's reviews on BPL.

M G BPL Member
PostedJan 31, 2014 at 10:27 pm

"Miss Will's reviews on BPL."

+1

I want that Montbell Ex Light Anorak

PostedJan 31, 2014 at 11:20 pm

yeah, I bet that anorak will be a favorite around here. I've been tempted by the ex-light and plasma, but the lack of a sealing at the hem has been a deal breaker. I wonder if the anorak has a proper waist cinch or at least elastic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...