Topic

Outsourcing Sewing Options?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Thomas Willard BPL Member
PostedJan 26, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Hi Everyone-

I'm looking into doing a semi-MYOG plan. As a tall person, I got frustrated with the incredibly small freestanding tents (I'm looking at you Big Agnes) so I have drawn up plans and put together a model using plastic and dowel rods for a side entry freestanding single walled tent. The problem I have is 1) I can't sew for the life of me 2) I'm either on the road or working 70 hours a week.

Before I look locally, I was wondering if there were any known companies that will sew for me if I provide them with all the materials and blueprints. Has anyone taken this route? Or, if there are any BPL members that are handy with a sewing machine and looking for a winter project, I'm more than happy to pay for time invested. I know it's not a pure MYOG question but figured I'd start here.

Thanks for any feedback.

J-L BPL Member
PostedJan 26, 2014 at 3:49 pm

BearPaw does custom tent modifications. Try asking them to build your design.

Thomas Willard BPL Member
PostedJan 27, 2014 at 11:16 am

Thank you all for your direction. I will look into Bearpaw. I have been working on this project for several months. My inspiration came from the old North Face Kestrel design and with my mods and new fabric these days, I think I can get this freestanding tent into the low 20oz range.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...