I have a pair of almost new Patagonia pants with a button snap at the waist. For some reason this particular pair's button snap is a bit weak. Does anyone have an recommendation of how to fix this – I would like for it to be a stronger snap. If necessary I could try to post some pictures. Is there is a generic fix for this I'd like to hear about this.
Topic
Need advice on fixing buton snap
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Might be hard to fix in and of itself. And it might be a bit messy trying to cut it out and installing a new one in the same area. If it was me, i would put another button in, near the original. That way, you have some of the snap of the original, with hopefully also the tighter snap of the new.
They sell button makers at various kinds of stores, but not knowing the area you live in, a national chain like Joann's would be a good place to look, but likely to have it in places like Walmart, Target, and the like. Plus many online DIY-gear type places.
There may be a way to make the original somehow better fitted, so it snaps tighter, but i don't know how to accomplish same.
Usually a dry cleaner who has a tailor can do this, it's a common fix.
Forget the snaps. Too weak. Go for a hook&bar closure. For example
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/trouser-hook
Cheers
Become a member to post in the forums.

