Topic

Fall 2014 Arcteryx Sneak Peak

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Fall 2014 Arcteryx Sneak Peak

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

I got a chance to preview the Fall 2014 line from deadbird, and was pretty stoked.

A quick overview before posting the video late this weekend.

UPDATED Atom LT- new, softer face fabric that is more air permeable. New hood adjustment (the 'ball cap adjuster' like on the Cerium LT). No more two toned color schemes, I believe.

NEW Alpha Comp Hoody- Fortius 1.0 merged with this new n40p 3L Gore fabric technology. Arcterys just uses the Gore membrane to create a ground up-textile. Gore hood, shoulders and arms and hem, with fortius in the back and mid section and underarms. Made for alpine climbing. Comes in a ski-specific version too, called the Lithic.

NEW Ceres Jacket (Parka)- Warmest jacket they have ever made. 250Gs of 850 fill down with composite (100g) core loft mapping where they need it (front of the face, the hem, the arm pits, cuffs, shoulders.) Uses n40p Windstopper outer material, baffled construction and the KICKASS Storm hood. The jacket also packs into the integrated stuff sack. Weighs 29.4 ounces…

(For my fellow BPLers) NEW Cerium SL jacket. It's the Cerium LT with a special face fabric (7d) called Thisela, and uses micro-baffles. Think the Ghost Whisperer.

Specs.
    Weight: 185g/6.5oz (M’s medium), 160g/5.6oz (W’s medium)
    Fill: 850 fill power grey goose down, 100 g/m2 Coreloft
    Face Fabric: ThiselaTM100% nylon 20g/ m2 (0.6 oz/ yd2) 7D
    ripstop taffeta

Also new is their Gaea line with Polartec Alpha.

Videos to come soon!

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Interesting stuff on the Cerium SL. Sounds nice.

Is Arcteryx gonna stop using synth insulation in select "vulnerable" areas of their down jackets and just switch to DriDown? It's not a big deal, but using short lived synth insulation doesn't seem like best solution.

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

Spill the beans. I want to know more about the Gaea line. Specs, design, fill weight and MSRP!

As for the Atom LT, is it still fleece-sided? One of the great things I liked so much about the LT was its super tough shell fabric despite being so light.

What about the Atom AR?

Any changes on the Atom SV?

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

"Is Arcteryx gonna stop using synth insulation in select "vulnerable" areas of their down jackets and just switch to DriDown? It's not a big deal, but using short lived synth insulation doesn't seem like best solution."

No

" I want to know more about the Gaea line. Specs, design, fill weight"
    13,2 oz.
    80 g/m2 Alpha
    no hood

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

The Atom AR does have fleece panels, and has slightly more fill, it blurs the line between Atom and Aphix line.

The Atom LT still has the power stretch panels, but with a more durable face fabric that is more breathable and supple.

Good question on the Atom SV, I don't think the Atom line is really being revamped this upcoming season.

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

"Good question on the Atom SV, I don't think the Atom line is really being revamped this upcoming season."
    Actually, there's no mention anymore of the Atom SV in their tech manual.

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

The Atom SV is no more for Fall 2014. A shame, it's become one of my all-time favorite jackets.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

I have the atom lt and love the face fabric. I don't really care for durability as the current luminaria (I think) had no problems.

What I want is the hood adjustment. Any info on when it's getting released? I can't find much else. Weight?

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

"I have the atom lt and love the face fabric. I don't really care for durability as the current luminaria (I think) had no problems.

What I want is the hood adjustment. Any info on when it's getting released? I can't find much else. Weight?"
    13,4 oz.
    New Thintan fabric (like Luminara but bit heavier)
    New Stormhood instead of Scubahood.
    Fall fot Arc'teryx usually means September-release.

Will Newton
    BPL Member

@newts-2

Michael, if you want an adjustable-hood Atom LT and are willing to spend a little more, you might try the LEAF version, available now: http://bit.ly/LZLINh

…a tad heavier, too, but for me this is compensated for by having a subdued logo, making it much more of an around-town compatible as well as a trail jacket.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

I got seriously hurt skiing shortly after OR- will have videos up in a few days here.

michael levi

@m-l

That sucks get better soon.

I use my atom lt around town and it's my go to jacket all the time even when traveling. I try not to use it when backpacking because I want it clean. I have a desperate down coat for that. Atom packs down small and looks good, and looks like what it is, a expensive technical piece.

I hope the new one looks and fits the same. A hood adj will be very handy and it will seal the deal on my fav urban wear jacket. Any other changes like fit or pockets etc?

Miles Spathelf
    BPL Member

@miless

Ouch…hope you have a great recovery

michael levi

@m-l

Yeah get better, mind sharing how the injury happened?

And did you do some filming at OR salt Lake? Did they just let you in their section, last time I tried to walk in they said I needed an appointment.

Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

I've been skiing Snowbird for the last 15 years and decided to switch to Brighton- whose hallmark tree skiing is a departure from the wide, DEEP and open bowls of Snowbird.

I was tearing through the trees and came short on a turn- my shoulder knocked a branch, put me off balance and my other side came straight into another tree, breaking a few ribs. Luckily, no head injuries as I was wearing a helmet (ALWAYS wear a helmet while skiing, IMO).

I actually do a gear review series on my YouTube channel, and have connects to some of the brands that I was able to interview.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools