Topic

$50 Evernew 600 = $17 Snow Peak Ti bowl

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) $50 Evernew 600 = $17 Snow Peak Ti bowl

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joe L
    BPL Member

@heyyou

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr

The short wide Evernew 600 ml Ti pot with lid and handles removed, weighs about the same as a Snow Peak Ti bowl which does not have a lid or handles. The volumes are very near to identical, but the prices are noticeably different.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Apples and oranges

two pints
    Spectator

@madgoat

Locale: Ohio

Yes, they are totally different products….

But, if you are buying a 600 and intend to remove the handles and use foil for a lid…. then this is good information.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

They are made in China – which is at least for me less ubiquitous and unavoidable than it was three years ago – but I digress. Toaks has a range of Ti bowls that are steep sided, light and cheap at around $15.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I don't think they are apples and oranges when considering removing the handles from the Evenew, or any other pot of similar size. Like many multipurpose items, there are compromises. The Snowpeak bowl is about as light and cheap as you will find. I don't understand why it isn't more popular with SUL setups: $17 is more like an aluminum pot price, and a cheap one at that.

You can add a wire or bike spoke bail by drilling small holes near the rim or use some sort of pot grabber. The Open Country pot grabber adds a couple ounces and is about $4. The MSR LiteLifter is an ounce, but the price is nearly as much as the bowl, which really annoys me. The handle from a Trangia 28T cookset will work, but you can't buy them separately that I have found; it does seem like it would be easy to make one.

You can make a lid from turkey roaster foil, or just plain aluminum foil for that matter.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

My experiments have proven bowls are more efficient than straight walled containers of the same size.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools